- The Independent -

All things real or imagined,are purely coincidental, and should be construed. (Vonnegut)

Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

You'll find some honest and truly objective opinions here. I'll take all the credit, and also all the flack.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Scooter Libby Commuted; Why not border Guards?

President Bush has commuted Libby's sentence 'after weeks and weeks of deliberation', coincidentally 'before' any jail time is served! Why then was Bush quoted as saying " When I have the opportunity I will review the case and make a determination" in the case of Compean and Ramos". I believe Mr. Bush to be a liar and a totally inept President, loyal only to the party and furthering the agendas of the very wealthy. The two border guards I believe have been wrongly imprisoned. Mr. Bush said 30 months was too severe a punishment for Libby. How about 11 years for the guards who were doing their jobs, and just 'wounded' a drug runner in the ass (only requiring a few stitches) and probably saved the lives of some kids by stopping a ton of drugs from being sold. I have written my representatives as well as the Whitehouse demanding their release. I am in hopes that anyone who reads this will do the same. Nearly 100 congressmen have contacted the president to secure their release, most of them being Republicans. Please, take a little time, let yourself be heard and get them released and home with their families where they belong. Thanks, Beau.